Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reflective Posting


Writing about the issue of the importance of adding sign language to the preschool classroom, was worthwhile project to write about because of my passion for sign language.  This semester long blog project was a wonderful experience that took me on an emotional and intellectual journey to tell the audience about one aspect of my life as a preschool music teacher.  

I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to set up a blog and writing about my work as a music teacher.  I feel like I accomplished a project that I was at first very nervous to take on.  I found it rewarding to go and find information that validated what I had learned about in workshops, in books and from watching videos about the importance of teaching preschoolers sign language.  Researching and recording my findings was exciting because all of the information that I found, I could tie into real life experiences from teaching the children sign language at my school.  I enjoyed showing the audience some of the pictures of my children and some of the activities that I use and how it benefits them. 

Writing the blog was a positive experience for me because I think when you teach others about what you know, it makes you a stronger teacher.  It made me proud that my preschool is on the cutting edge of trying to teach the children in different ways to reach all of the learning styles.   I am thinking about continuing posting to my blog, as an educational record and to use it as an avenue for other teachers throughout the country to get ideas from for their classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment